Frequently Asked Questions
When will tickets go on sale?
Tickets will go on sale in April of 2015. Prices are $20 in advance, and $25 beginning June 22 through day of show. Children 12 and under are free.
Where can I pick up will call tickets?
Will call tickets will be at GATE 3 at the Mankato Regional Airport. (They will NOT be at the Verizon Wireless Center Ticket Office)
What type of payment do you accept for MN Air Spectacular general admission tickets?
Tickets can be purchased with cash, debit or credit cards. Checks are not accepted.
I am flying into the airport, what do I need to know?
Contact Jason Ceminsky, Airshow Ops | Cell: (507) 779-2118 Office: (507) 933-0787 | firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, click here.
Is there handicap parking?
Handicap parking will be at the airport terminal. You will be directed to handicap parking once you reach the airport. View our Maps section for details and routes.
Can we upgrade our seating?
Individual seating upgrades will not be available at the air show. We suggest your bring a lawn chair or blanket to the show.
Are tickets good for the next day if the show is cancelled the first day?
The tickets will be good for June 28, if show is canceled June 27. There will be no other shows besides June 27 & 28, 2015.
What items can we bring in to the Air Show?
· Camera (camera bags are subject to inspection)
· Lawn Chair - recommended
· Portable Umbrella - however you may not block other's view of the air show
· Ear Plugs
· Strollers or children's wagons
· Diaper bags are permitted but are subject to search
· One sealed bottle of water or reuseable water container per person. There will be water stations at the show to refill containers.
What items cannot be brought in to the Air Show?
· No food or beverages, except for one sealed bottle of water or reuseable water container per person.
· No coolers (except small coolers with infant formula or personal medical supplies)
· No loose ice
· No cans/glass
· No alcohol
· No backpacks (except for infant diapers, infant supplies, or camera equipment-these will be inspected)
· No roller blades, skateboards, bikes, scooters, Segways, ATV/UTV's, or golf carts
· No tents or portable shelters
· No pets (not even if carried in your arms or in a kennel) service animals are allowed
· No knives or weapons
· No smoking
· DRONES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED WITHIN 5 NM OF THE AIRPORT PER FAA RULES.
Will food be available at the Air Show?
Food and beverages will be available to purchase at a variety of concession stands inside the Minnesota Air Spectacular.
What are the Minnesota Air Spectacular show times?
The show will begin around noon.
What time do the gates open?
The gate opens at 9 a.m.
What time does the air show end?
The show usually ends around 4 p.m. Gates close one hour after the show ends. Concessions close one-half hour after the show ends.
What time do the Thunderbirds perform?
Due to weather conditions the day of the show a specific time will not be announced. The Thunderbirds will perform both days at some time during the air show.
Will the Thunderbirds be taking off and landing at the Mankato Regional Airport?
The Tunderbirds and all of the other acts performing at the air show will be taking off and landing from the Mankato Regional Airport.
Do all of the acts perform each day of the show?
Yes, every act performs both days unless weather or maintenance issues
Are there opportunities to volunteer?
All volunteer slots are currently full.
Are there wheelchairs available to rent?
Yes. There will be wheelchairs, scooters, and wagons available to rent during show days (Saturday and Sunday). Wheelchairs are $20/day, scooters are $55/day, and wagons are $15/day. Reservations are available FRIDAY, JUNE 26 from 9 AM to 5 PM and at any time on Saturday, June 27 and Sunday, June 28. To reserve, call Home Town Mobility at 877-928-5388. The check-in tent will be inside gate 4 next to the EMS stand.